Privacy & cookiepolicy
Reproduction of content
Visitors may print, copy and/or distribute the materials found on Smithers-Oasis' websites for internal, non-commercial, informational purposes only. All copies made of the material must display any Copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice indicated in the site, which pertains to the material being copied. Except as authorized in this paragraph, no license under any Copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property in the material or the products, services, processes or technology described therein, is granted. Smithers-Oasis Company retains all such rights.
What is a cookie?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Our cookies policy
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected.
Session Cookies are used:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Persistent Cookies are used:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number, you cannot be identified personally) when you return to our website.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Third party cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this site. These are or may be used for the following purposes now or in the future:
- To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Disabling and enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies when entering our website, or by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.